Welcome to Part 3 of my (much overdue) multi-part retrospective of 2017. On to some of my favorite video games of 2017. I love my Nintendo Switch, so I'll be focusing on that platform.
Nintendo Switch Games I Enjoyed
Once again, I'll be bypassing the first-party titles, which I played and loved, and taking a dive into indies.
- Steamworld Dig 2: This Metroidvania-style game has amazing visuals, music, and level design. Don't miss it.
- Shovel Knight Treasure Trove: The OG of modern pixel art platformers. The Specter Knight expansion has some of the best chiptune music.
- Wulverblade: A tough-as-nails gory 2D beat-em-up set in Roman-Empire-era England.
- Fast RMX A thrilling F-Zero clone ported from the Wii U.
- Mighty Gunvolt Burst mighty-gunvolt-burst-switch): I was underwhelmed at first with this Mega Man clone, but as I kept playing, the character customization, great boss battles, and urge to find all the special items, got me addicted. Very well done.
- Mr. Shifty: Not the most optimized frame-rate wise (also crashed a lot), or deep, but a fun over-the-top brawler. Will get your heart pumping.